Sew Sensible

Sunday, April 27, 2008

New Sewing Pattern!



Here is the cover of my new sewing pattern: HOPE JOY Bubble Top! I still have to complete the instructions and the description so I am not sure if I will have it before next weekend. My goal is to have it ready by Wednesday but that may be too soon for me. Anyway, I am very happy with the way it turned out and it was the perfect other option for the Twirl SKORT!! However, it would look great with a pair of ruffled jeans or even a matching Boutique Bottoms!! Oh, and this sewing pattern goes up to size 7. All my other ones go up to size 6.

Grace is my model for this pattern. It was her turn since Rose was the cover model for FAITH. Yes, I had to bribe her with some gum to finish these pictures but overall she did a great job!!!!! I know.....I am a little biased!


Ok, on a side note..... I finally made me a top this weekend!! Woo hooo! I decided to go ahead and make a matching Mommy Bubble Top and I have to say that after making it I cannot believe I actually thought I would look good in a BUBBLE TOP!!!!! What woman wants to add pounds with a Bubble shirt!!!!! :) And I used my good Ginger Blossom fabric. I should have known better! Anyway, it was fun to finally sew something for me and I know I want to do it again! Eventually I do want to make me a pair of Boutique Bottoms without the ruffles of course. One day!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh It is soooo beautiful!! Lil Grace looks like a doll in it!! I am so glad you were able to make yourself something too!! Always nice to have a lil something for Mommy too!! Congrats again.. I can't wait!! God Bless!!

Jennifer said...

How would it look (on you) without the bottom elastic? Maybe a free flowing top (like Faith) would look better then a bubble. I did have to chuckle when I read your comment on women in bubble tops. Mentally I'm picturing me wearing one and must agree I don't need help looking bigger. If you can't change it for yourself then making you could cut it down for one of the girls.

It looks really cute on your daughter. I like how it looks plenty long enough that she won't have to spend her whole day pulling it down; I guess making the bottom elastic a bit bigger would prevent that too.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I am having trouble commenting so if you get 10 from me I am sorry. This is so cute! YOu are no only blessed to be able to create beautiful patterns but also have a gift for combining fabrics and coordinating them in such an adorable way! You really inspire me to get busy! Mybe when school gets out in three weeks I will get something accomplished!

bLaSk said...

She is soo cute!! I haven't tried bubble gum..haha! Of course I am counting down the days until it is ready!!
I already have my fabric ready...

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Awesome Creations!!

Easy to Sew Children Boutique Sewing Patterns

SewSensible
Hello! Welcome to my sewing blog!!

You Can Make This and save money!

You Can Make This!