Sew Sensible

Saturday, October 25, 2008

New Sewing Patterns!


Here is the fabric I will be using for one of my new skort designs! I have drawn it out and am working on the pantaloons and then I'll start the skirt of the skort (is that confusing! :) Anyway, it is a cute little design. I am also working on the Applique' Apron Skirt instructions. Both of these are simple to sew and will look so cute on your little princess! I also have a dress design I drew on paper that is a simple dainty dress. I need to make a test of it to see if this will be a future pattern. And then of course Christmas is around the corner and last year I told myself I would sew all the gifts in July but July came and went and here we are at the end of October! Where did the time go? So as I am working on these three patterns I will also be squeezing in some sewing time for Christmas!

On a very exciting note: this weekend I was part of our church's Live the Dream Conference. It was awesome but the reason I am saying this on my sewing blog is because one of my friends was talking about quilting to someone there and mentioned me and SewSensible Patterns and this girl said that the store she works for is interested in selling patterns from locals! At the beginning of this year I had been thinking about selling my patterns in stores but the cost to get it printed was a lot because my ebooks are not like commercial patterns. I have way too many details and way too many pages to make it cost effective. So a couple of months ago I started thinking of a different way to sell in stores and it looks like I made a connection at the Live the Dream conference! How exciting!! Today when I got home I sat down and wrote my plans for 2009 in regards to SewSensible. I am excited!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow, Aimee, that is big news! I'm excited for you.

LouLou said...

Wonderful news!!!!!

OOOOOOOOOOh, I wanna test the little dress!!!

Anonymous said...

I think Aimee, this is good new idea for skorts designs,nice,if you want more...

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Awesome Creations!!

Easy to Sew Children Boutique Sewing Patterns

SewSensible
Hello! Welcome to my sewing blog!!

You Can Make This and save money!

You Can Make This!