Sew Sensible

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

All in One, Boutique Dress Top and Boutique Bottoms Sewing Patterns!





Here are some cute cute Mommy creations! Thanks so much, J, for sending these to me and blessing me with your kind words! It is so much fun to see children wearing their Mommy and GrandMommies works of art!! Here is precious princess, K, in a custom All in One Romper, custom Boutique Bottoms, and a custom outfit using SewSensible's Two Pattern Collection for Young Girls: Boutique Dress Top and Boutique Bottoms. Great job, J, as always! And here is what this awesome Mommy said, "Here are my creations with your help. You make me look good Aimee'. =) At church yesterday people were asking if the dress K had on was another piece I made. They love watching your patterns roll off my kitchen table in cute outfits. I keep telling them they are super easy. I think I will have to sit a couple of them down with a machine and get them to try for themselves so they can see that yes they can do it."


Your Questions:

Every now and then I receive a question from one of you about my patterns. I have decided to start posting these questions in hope that they will help others as well. Most of my customers are first time sewing Mommies! With that comes some basic questions that some may feel is too simple to ask. I encourage all of you, if you have a question regarding my patterns, please email me. I will also post the question and answer on this blog. I will not use your name.


One question I received recently was this: Aimee', I made the Twirl SKORT but the bottoms are so much longer than the skirt. What did I do? This is very simple to correct. When you sew the top band and skirt panel to the bottoms and turn it on the outside, make sure you don't turn it where the top band is folded in half. The pattern requires you to turn all of the top band on the right side. This will make the skirt panel fall right above the Bottoms ruffle!
You can see the top band on each Twirl SKORT above is the full top band pattern. So when you turn your top band and skirt panel right side out after sewing it to the bottoms, you will turn it until the whole top band is showing.

No comments:

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Awesome Creations!!

Easy to Sew Children Boutique Sewing Patterns

SewSensible
Hello! Welcome to my sewing blog!!

You Can Make This and save money!

You Can Make This!