Sew Sensible

Sunday, November 23, 2008

New Sewing Pattern, FAITH Double Layer Dress Top sewing pattern, and Sew Forum!


I am not much of a forum girl and not because I don't like them..... it is more of trying to find the time to read and comment and just participate in the discussions. AllBrands told me about their forum and I have to say I love it! It is such a friendly place to visit and also see what others are sewing! It is called SewForum! Check it out if you haven't already!

I am busy working on SewSensible's Applique' Apron Skirt! It is coming out so cute! Ok, I know I may be a little biased!! There will be options: optional bow tie and of course you could just use another coordinating fabric and make the skirt without an applique and it comes out just as cute. Yesterday I started making one using a sewing machine applique from YouCanMakeThis! This is for all those that do not have embroidery machines. I use a little more length on my zig zag to give it more of a handmade look and also because I just am not a great sewing machine applique'-er! I love the way it is looking. I will finish it today and post pictures tonight hopefully.





Here is another outfit I made for our local AllBrands store. I used SewSensible's FAITH Double Layer Dress Top and Boutique Bottoms to match. This is definitely more for the Spring but adding a peasant top underneath will work great for the fall and winter months! And it actually criss crosses in the back but this one was a little too big for Grace so I tied it a little tighter making it hide the criss cross look.

2 comments:

Bani said...

Oh, this sounds pretty interesting.
I think, I should check this forum out :)
Regards,
Bani

Jennifer said...

My daughter wore this same outfit Friday with a knit long sleeve shirt. Let me see if I have a decent picture to send you...

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Awesome Creations!!

Easy to Sew Children Boutique Sewing Patterns

SewSensible
Hello! Welcome to my sewing blog!!

You Can Make This and save money!

You Can Make This!