Sew Sensible

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Hooked on Sewing

I love to sew. I really didn't get hooked on sewing until I had my three daughters to sew for. They are close in age (2,3,5) and I just love to dress them alike. Not only do I love sewing but I love the money it saves me. I have eight children, four girls and four boys. Sewing has allowed me to save money while creating one of a kind clothes for my girls to look so cute and trendy! I hope to also sew for my two younger sons (13 weeks old and 4) this year.

At first I would only sew the most easiest dress patterns from my local store but did not always like the way they would fit my girls. Soon I found a wonderful bloomer pattern that I use now to do all of my girls' pants. I customized this bloomer pattern and I just love it! I am able to do so much with it. I can add ruffles if I want to, I can make them into pants or make them into gauchos with or without ruffles.

The dress above is the first "hard looking" pattern I sewed as a gift. However, this was one of the simplest dresses to sew and it is lined.

No comments:

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Awesome Creations!!

Easy to Sew Children Boutique Sewing Patterns

SewSensible
Hello! Welcome to my sewing blog!!

You Can Make This and save money!

You Can Make This!