Sew Sensible

Friday, March 13, 2009

Twirl SKORT Skirt Sewing Pattern and New Sewing Pattern venture!

Look how cute this little mascot Twirl SKORT is!! I have my Twirl SKORT fabric ready to create three "Disney" Animal Kingdom outfits!! Here is what this awesome Mommy said, "Thank you, from a Home EC dropout that only completed her drawstring bag in school in the 6th grade. I bought your Faith Top pattern last weekguess I thought that i could sew?. Finished making 2 of them in 2 hours:, and within 24hours of my first order I bought my 2nd pattern. I made the twirl skort, finished last night. It is adorable. The pattern was very easy to do. The illustrations were very easy to follow. It helped that I could enlarge the directions for greater detail. I will let my cousin try on the skort after I pick her up from school today!! I know she will love it. Thanks again!! Love the patterns please keep them coming!! Thanks for the inspiration!!"

Wow!! Thanks so much, C, for sending this cute cute picture of your awesome Twirl SKORT Skirt and thanks so much for the kind words!!





As always, I get so touched when you send in your awesome Mommy creations! Here is another one of those emails from a first time Mommy sewer! I hope it brings you inpiration and encourages you and says to you "You Can Do This Too!!" Here is what this first time Mommy sewer said, "Just wanted to thank you for the awesome pattern! I had never sewn anything before and even had to read my owner's manual to figure out how to thread my machine. Previously my sewing machine had sat in a closet for 2 years after purchasing it and a pattern at the fabric store determined to teach myself to sew. Three long confusing days later I threw it in the back of the closet vowing to never touch it again. Last week I decided to give it another go and purchased your twirl skort pattern. In a weekend I was able to create my twirl skort. Your directions were so clear that I was never confused, in fact I was actually having fun. Creating this skirt even gave me the confidence to attempt to appliqué a matching shirt. My daughter loves the set and so do I. I can't wait to make more!!!!!"

First, look how cute her little girl is in her new "Mommy" created outfit!!!!! WoooHoooo, J! How awesome!! Your skort is just too awesome as well!!

Ok, how awesome is this email! So for all you Moms who have your sewing machine hidden and tucked away in a closet because you got frustrated at your last attempt at sewing..... take her out and put her to good use!! You can do this!! The best advice I could give is allow yourself to make mistakes. It is OK! It will actually help you learn faster and better. Use your sewing manual when you need it. If you lost your manual, get online and find another one. They are out there. You will be amazed at all the good sewing techniques that are in your manual. For SewSensible Patterns, all you need to know how to do is a straight stitch and a zig zag stitch! And you don't need an expensive sewing machine for this!! I started SewSensible on the $99 sewing machine my Mom gave me about 8 years ago and I still use it now!!


My New Venture! In several posts back, I talked about Kay Whitt with SewSerendipity. There are just some people that you know crystal clearly God put in your path. Kay is one of those people. I am in the process right now converting all my patterns to an actual physical pattern. I am almost finished with the Boutique Bottoms and will be working on the Boutique Dress Top. It is work but the new venture is so exciting!! I have released this to God and He can do what He wants with it. I am keeping my goal: designing with the beginner in mind. Pretty soon I will be in need of 5 people to test the new directions. I really will need someone who has never used SewSensible patterns before and I would love if they were a first time Mommy sewer!! If you are, please email me at sewsensible@sewsensible.net


I pray all of you have an abundantly blessed weekend!


I am adding this picture to show what the pantaloons look like underneath the skirt. Lee, there are ruffles on the skirt and ruffles on the pantaloons (shorts). :)

4 comments:

calicodaisy said...

The Sew Serendipity site has great stuff. I know that will be a good connection for you.

Unknown said...

Sorry, but I can't quite visualize this skort. Are the bottom ruffles a double ruffle on the skirt or a ruffle on the bloomers? Would it be possible to post a phot with the skirt lifted to see what the shorts look like underneath? Thanks!

SewSensible said...

Lee, I have posted a picture for you. I hope that helps and the ruffle is one ruffle not a double ruffle for the skirt and one for the pantaloon.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the photo -- I get it now! They're adorable! I'm off to order the pattern.

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Awesome Creations!!

Easy to Sew Children Boutique Sewing Patterns

SewSensible
Hello! Welcome to my sewing blog!!

You Can Make This and save money!

You Can Make This!