Sew Sensible

Thursday, February 12, 2009

FAITH Double Layer Dress Top sewing pattern and the Simple Sunday Dress sewing pattern!

SewSensible Simple Sunday Dress
Ok, I am loving this dress! So sweet and so simple to sew! This is another tester photo that I received the other day and hadn't posted it yet! Thanks so much, Hays!! You are a blessing and your precious model is adorable!

And here is another awesome Mommy creation from one of the Mom's who attended the AllBrands sewing class I taught this past weekend! How cute!! Also, don't worry, this little princess is fascinated with bandaids on her chin. Her Mom told me there is no boo boo underneath it. I can relate with that. Bandaids are like gold in our home!! Kids are so cute! Anyway, great job, C, on the outfit!! Isn't it so much fun to sew for our loved ones!!?!

And then I received the sweetest email and I wanted to share it with you (I got permission from the writer :) This Mommy had purchased some of my patterns not too long ago and this particular email was about the FAITH Double Layer Dress Top and she is a true beginner!! Here is what she said, "Thank you so much for such a wonderful pattern! I am SOOOO the beginner sewer, and it turned out wonderful. I made it after the kids(4 of them) went to bed last night. It didn't take very long at all, including figuring out how to thread the machine! I was SOOO proud of myself. My 5 yr old wore it to school today,over a long sleeve T-shirt and jeans,w/ big smiles. I'm looking forward to making the pants after they go to bed tonight!! I too love to have my girls match, but many of the cute clothes are just way out of budget when you have to buy so many. I am also looking forward to the tween pattern I bought too. My newly 7 yr. old is hard to buy for. Most clothes her size are not necessarily appropriate for a 7 yr. old. So I'm looking forward to filling her wardrobe w/ cute girly outfits. Thank you again, and have a great day! :-) V


Thanks so much, V, for this email!! You are the reason SewSensible is such a blessing to me. It is hearing and seeing Mommies and GrandMommies having fun and sewing for their children and loving it!! Thanks again!

3 comments:

Shelly said...

Girl I wish I had your talent! I can sew anything that has a pattern. I can take 2-4 patterns and piece them together for a totally different look. But to be able to visualize a new outfit, draw it out, make the pattern, make the right sizes???? NOT!!!! Unfortunately that was NOT one of the talents Mom passed to me. ~Shelly~

Valerie said...

Hi, I was looking for an "email me" link but didn't find one so I thought a comment is the next best thing. :)

Would you be able to email me so I can ask you some questions about buying your patterns?
My email is foxyfoxfamily at gmail dot com
Thank you so much!

Dusty, yes, that's my given name said...

Hi there!! I just wanted to stop by and say that I love this pattern! I have twin girls and just finished one of the dress tops for my girls and LOVE it! It was so simple to follow! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Awesome Creations!!

Easy to Sew Children Boutique Sewing Patterns

SewSensible
Hello! Welcome to my sewing blog!!

You Can Make This and save money!

You Can Make This!