Sew Sensible

Thursday, May 3, 2007

Sewing Tip

Wash and iron.
My mom is a perfectionist when she does something. Me, I am not! I like to dive into it, get to it and get it done, and voila I am finished. However, I have learned with sewing that if I want a beautifully finished sewing project that I must do it right from the beginning. So before starting a sewing project, make sure you wash your fabric following the washing guidelines of your particular fabric. I once spent several days making three lined dresses for my daughters only to have the main outer fabric shrink smaller than the lining on all three dresses. Arghhhhh! Oh how I wished I would have taken the time to wash and dry my fabric before sewing.

My other sewing tip is to take the time to iron your sewing project along the way. I love quick satisfaction when I sew and I like to see it finished so quick that I would skip ironing the seams before sewing and this makes for actually an uneven dress. When I finally slowed down and started taking my time and taking the time to iron did I start seeing my sewing projects look so finely finished!

No comments:

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Awesome Creations!!

Easy to Sew Children Boutique Sewing Patterns

SewSensible
Hello! Welcome to my sewing blog!!

You Can Make This and save money!

You Can Make This!