Sew Sensible

Monday, January 9, 2012

Laptop Sleeve, eReader Cover, Photo Pillows, Custom Graphic Pillow




Family Picture Day







family pic day: our sons







family pic day: our daughters and two grandchildren







the back of our home :)

















heading to the Muppet movie












this was a project I did recently that was bittersweet.







my two singing birds that deeply love each other :)







one of my graphics I plan to use to make a pillow. this particular tree I have been drawing since childhood. This was a tree that I played in and had a tire swing just like that! fun fun memories.




Hello! I pray all of you are doing great and that you are already being blessed this new year. This morning I hand delivered a sweet photo pillow to a dear friend whom I have known since I believe Kindergarten. We live in the same town but I haven't seen her in probably 20 years. The funny thing is when I saw her today I just saw the sweet girl I knew in elementary school. It was great seeing her today. About two years ago her precious daughter went to be with Jesus unexpectantly. When I heard the news my heart sank. I just couldn't believe someone I knew was going through something as painfully devastating as this but my pain was nothing compared to what she was experiencing. When you hear something like this it wakes you up more to embracing every single day making sure not to take it for granted and enjoying each child of ours better than the day before. And that is how I choose to live even if I have to remind myself some days or should I say even if He has to remind me some days because that has been my prayer: that I don't take my life for granted or my family He has blessed me with. God is very faithful to show me the days I am taking my life for granted :) and believe me He reminds me a lot..... like now :) see even as I am writing this and trying to concentrate, our five year old is crawling all over me kissing my lips and cheeks uncontrollably and acting like he is my prince charming (no really he has watched too much Tangled, Beauty and the Beast, and Gnomeo and Juliet. he is obsessed with kissing me :) and our six year old is at the other end of the couch spelling almost every word in the book she has in hand asking me how to say what she's spelling, the problem is I am concentrating so hard on writing this that I don't hear all the letters she is saying so she has to start over :), also the LSU Alabama Championship game is own, and our 8 year old is laying next to me crying because she thinks she is getting corrected. And the secret is..... I wouldn't trade it for the world!!



So my 2011 recap:



In reference to family, this year has been such a joy to enjoy the age our children are, all their interests (and dislikes), their elaborate stories, and just watching them be kids . There has been lots of backyard fun with the garden, trampoline, dome monkey bars, bikes, footballs, frisbees, sidewalk chalk, Little Pet Shop, Super Mario Wii, Just Dance for Kids family dance off, lots of Beyblade's letting it rip, princess and her prince charming, praying together, worshipping together, much family bonding at the dinner table and family pictures! I treasure my family and never want to take them for granted. It has been a very good year!!!!!



In reference to ministry, of course family keeps me busy but in addition to family Tommy and I lead an orphan adoption ministry at our church His Heart for Orphans. In mid 2011 our church launched a foster care initiative and I joined that team to focus primarily helping the children in our local foster care system get adopted, recruit more foster parents, support our church families who have adopted, are fostering, or want to do either but just do not know where to start. I have three passions in my life: family, orphans/adoption, and sewing with God being over it all. I still believe God blessed me with SewSensible and I look forward to jumping back into a SewSensible routine!




In reference to SewSensible, this past year I happily emailed customers their orders, drew up many ideas and dreamed about sewing :) I have been sewing away in my sewing room for the past two months. Right now I am working on a new Easter Basket pattern, a padded laptop/ipad sleeve, and an eReader sleeve. I've also been sewing pillows! Two have been photo pillows for two families whose loved one went to be with Jesus. One was for a childhood classmate whose precious daughter went to be with Jesus and the other pillow was for a sweet friend of mine's daughter whose Grandfather went to be with Jesus last month. The third pillow is a custom graphic I drew which I hope to have available one day. I have found a very fun and rather addictive cute way to customize pillows..... printable fabric sheets.






I hope to reconnect with you and as always I pray for God's blessing upon you!



In Christ, Aimee'

8 comments:

Carla Hegeman Crim said...

You are one busy mama!!! Can't wait to see all you have in store for us this year!

One More Equals Four said...

SO happy to hear from you! I knew that you were keeping busy with your orphan care ministry, but have missed you here! Can't wait to see what you have designed this year! Blessings!

Katie said...

Yay, your back! Love your post. Helps remind me not to take my beautiful family and many blessings for granted as well :)

Anonymous said...

outsole will offers you excellent grip and multi-directional traction. Honda Fairings
Hurry up to bag a cross-training sneaker to perform multi-activities. Walking sneakers provide you overall comfort and support for strengthening foot muscles. Its cushioned insole, Asics Onitsuka Tigermid sole and traction patterned rubber outsole give you cozy walking experience. You can use lightweight sneakers for walking to keep your body physically fit.

خياطة وتفصيل said...

Thank you for good job

horoscopo de hoy said...

This blog helps to low people. You can use their services in your work. You can read about all details of their service.

kobe said...

like your share, that's sincere

Liu Wan Ping said...

Yep, sometimes life seems unfair, but it is just the perspective one is taking.

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Awesome Creations!!

Easy to Sew Children Boutique Sewing Patterns

SewSensible
Hello! Welcome to my sewing blog!!

You Can Make This and save money!

You Can Make This!